In today’s (chronological) Bible reading… Proverbs 21-24… we see still more wise advice on a variety of topics.
Almost every possible part of life is addressed in the book of Proverbs… including wise advice concerning money.
The book of Proverbs reminds us:
– Wealth cannot give us peace of mind (15:16)
– Wealth cannot buy us wisdom (16:16)
– Wealth can create pride (18:11,23)
– Wealth can cause trouble (15:6,27)
– Wealth can reveal friends who will not last (14:20).
We should respect God (22:4), and share with others what God has given us (11:24,25; 19:17).
We should be wary when someone promises to make us rich quick… because those schemes usually backfire and make us poor (20:21; 28:20,22).
The way to get wealthy is through hard work (10:4,22) and faithfulness to the Lord.