Each week this year, I have challenged myself to memorize a Scripture verse (or verses). This week’s verses are Philippians 4:6,7.
These are GREAT verses! And they reveal God’s Antidote to Worry…
Why do we worry?
1. Life is hard. Bad things happen to good people, to bad people, and everyone in between.
2. The future is uncertain. We worry because we don’t know what the future holds.
3. We’re not in control.
What’s the solution?
See Matthew 6:25-34.
1. Recognize that worry accomplishes nothing. Not only does worry not help, it often has the opposite effect.
2. Understand that God cares about you. You matter to God.
3. Put first things first. We worry too much because we care too much about the wrong things.
4. Transfer Trust . Rather than trusting in our own power, wisdom, and strength, we need to place our trust in God for everything. As a result, he will give us a peace which defies logical explanation.