As you may have heard by now, I have resigned as pastor of Lonoke Baptist Church (LBC) in order to accept the call to be the Director of Missions at the Faulkner Baptist Association (FBA – Conway & surrounding area). My last Sunday at LBC will be Mother’s Day morning, May 14.
This has been a difficult decision for me and my family… just as it was when God called us from our last church to LBC. It’s always difficult to leave good friends and a good situation, even if you’re as confident as faith can be that God is leading you elsewhere. We have come to view God’s call as more of a transfer within His Kingdom work… as though we are being moved from one “factory” to another… but that doesn’t mean it’s an easy move.
I know many of you are not familiar with Southern Baptists and how our churches might cooperate together. Some of you may be curious as to what a “Director of Missions” does. My ministry will consist of:
- ENCOURAGING the pastors and staff of the churches within the FBA.
- Helping the pastors of these churches EQUIP the members in their churches to do ministry; this will be done primarily through workshops, conferences, and clinics.
- ENGAGING the churches of the FBA in mission work and church planting.
- There will also be the ETC things that are a part of any ministry, and I will be working with the leaders of the FBA as they conduct their ministries.
I will still be preaching… that’s always been my favorite part of pastoring. I will be preaching in the churches of the FBA… and anywhere else I am invited!
Some of you have been asking me how you can pray for us (and I appreciate that!):
- Pray that our house in Lonoke will sell… and for a price that allows us to invest in our next home.
- Pray that we will find the house that becomes a home… somewhere in the FBA area.
- Pray that Tana (my wife) finds a teaching job in a school district local to the Conway area. I’ve never met a better teacher, and she loves what she does.
- Pray that we will find a church there that becomes our church family.
- Pray that I will be able to adjust to this new ministry; all I’ve known for 32 years is pastoring a local church.
Thanks for caring…